As I said before, I plan to spend a significant amount of my time in being the marketing arm for our CrossLoop Helpers, who have expertise in wide range of technical skills. All the posts related to it will now onwards be categorized under "Helper Success" so here is the first set of tips related to a very powerful tool that we provide for free.
Assuming you have created a free Account and then a Profile, you will get a personalized CrossLoop URL - something like this one for me. This is generated with the "screen name" you choose during account creation - it is simple and very easy to remember. Today, you can find it on the 'Profile' tab after logging in. On your profile, you will see it as 'My Public URL' on the top right under 'Ratings'. This can be used in multiple ways to promote your expertise. Here are a few to begin with:
1. Web mail Signatures: You could simply plug in your URL in your signature file. Here are links of how to do that with
2. Other Sites: CrossLoop provides a very easy way to post your personal Badge on many social networking sites but here are some more that might help you:
- Twitter: Its profile allows you to add one URL
- LinkedIn: Its profile allows you to add upto 3 links [Log in -> Edit Profile (on the left sidebar) -> Websites (in the very beginning section) -> click Edit next to any one
- Craigslist: I have given an example before, but you can use your CrossLoop URL here. They have a special section for computer services like this one for the San Francisco Bay Area (it is free).
To advertise on craigslist, start with:
1) the 'post' feature here
2) Pick your location of choice
3) Lets pick San Francisco Bay Area
4) Then specify 'What type of posting is this?' by picking the "service offered" category
5) Then select "computer services"
6) Then complete your posting with details like "posting title", "description" etc
7) You can embed the link in the description so anyone who needs your help can come and learn more about your specific expertise
This is a good start and if you have any questions or face difficulties, please leave a comment below.
Also - if you have a creative idea that you would like to share with others, you can leave a comment below and I will blog about it. Make sure you specify your CrossLoop URL so that I can refer to it :)
We are working on something very exciting that we will release soon - this will be a fantastic foundation!
Good Afternoon and Good Luck!