- We raised $3 Million in a Series A financing led by El Dorado Ventures.
- We are releasing Version 2.0 - a brand new site with a complementary free web service that seamlessly ties in with our popular software.
Let me start with some quotes relevant to this event for us.
"Technology makes people more productive and efficient, but it also comes at a cost. The average consumer spends hours each week addressing computer problems," said Lisa Alderson, President and CEO, CrossLoop, Inc. "We are pleased to be working with El Dorado because they share our vision of dramatically changing the time-consuming and often expensive process that consumers and small businesses go through to get basic computer help today."
With this investment, Tom Peterson, General Partner at El Dorado Ventures, joins CrossLoop's board of directors.
"Since launching last November, CrossLoop has seen rapid adoption with hundreds of thousands of user sessions connecting people in over 150 countries worldwide," said Tom Peterson. "We are excited to partner with the CrossLoop team to help them achieve their vision of solving the frequent computer support problems that every computer user has experienced."
You might have noticed that we celebrate our users - stories, hugs and more - so this celebration would be incomplete without a couple. According to one service provider, " I've been waiting for Crossloop for 6 years! We've tried every remote desktop sharing software out there and our client base cannot use any of them - they're far too complex. This has changed the dynamics of our entire company. My happy customers are now jubilant customers, and support call length has been reduced from an average of 1 hour to 15 minutes!"
And Yes, people are going green with CrossLoop! As Mark says "Grandma loves it! She's 80 and crashes her computer regularly ... its 180 miles to her house to make it right, or just 5 minutes on CrossLoop. Beat that for reducing our carbon footprint!"
Apart from a brand new design, as always, you will be able to download the CrossLoop utility for free, but now, there will also be the option to create/log in to your FREE CrossLoop account.
In response to frequent requests from those in the business of hardware, software and application support/training, we have created free CrossLoop accounts. You can now:
- Create a FREE account to view your session history
- With an account, create a dynamic public profile page and reserve your custom CrossLoop URL - here is mine for example and No - I am not an MS Office Expert :) Once created, your profile can be used to promote your expertise anywhere on the web.Your profile will update 'automatically' every time you have a CrossLoop session!
- With the account, log in to the client every time you have a CrossLoop session to record and track your session history and statistics.
- Use the CrossLoop Badge to promote your expertise: The CrossLoop Badge, which also updates with each session, can be pasted on any site, blog (like on this blog - see mine on the right on our side bar or here ) or social networking site (such as MySpace - You can add us as a friend here on it and advertise your business with a CrossLoop Badge with a comment like me). Furthermore, you can generate leads when someone clicks on 'Contact Me' on it
- Capture testimonials and referrals easily. When logged in
to the client, the new post-roll
for each session enables you to capture customer feedback:
- Rate the person who helped you or whom you helped
- Use tags (keywords) that describe the purpose of the session
- Add comments to review the session
Continue using CrossLoop as you always have but now you can build your credentials with each session!
It is live now at http://www.crossloop.com
With a Good Morning and Good Luck, here is the demo video: